Are you new? Are you an expert? Do you know much difference between Virgin Remy Hair and Virgin Non-Remy hair ? 90% people are confused about these two types of hair extensions. In fact, there are many difference which affect the quality and value of the hair.
Virgin Remy hair refers to hair that is completely unprocessed and intact.
– It must meet rigorous standards including: not been permed, dyed, coloured, bleached, and chemically processed in any way.
– This also means it comes from a single donor, and all the cuticles are intact, running in the same direction.
– Virgin hair can last up to a year with proper care and maintenance,and you have to care for your extensions just like your own natural hair.
– If you maintain your Brazilian virgin hair extensions properly, you will have sleek, smooth, tangle free beautiful natural looking hair for a very long time and will be able the reuse the hair many times after.
– The term of “Remy” refers to the characteristics of the hair and the method used to manufacture the hair extensions.
– Remy has qualities such as uni-lateral cuticle direction, which basically means the hair follicles all go in one single direction.
– Remy hair is collected in a method in which all hair strands stay aligned in the natural direction as it grew to maintain the natural texture pattern and cuticle direction.
– This eliminates tangling problems commonly found in non-Remy or low quality hair.
– Because of the collection method , this type of hair is the most expensive in the market.
Non-Remy hair is very popular and readily available as well. This hair has both of the roots and tips mixed up so that all the hair are not running in the same direction.
– This type of hair is collected from shaves off the cuticles or sometimes the ends of the hair. This reduces the possibility of friction between hair strands and as such allows the hair to remain tangle free as the name suggests.
– The hair are in all of the same length and are probably the best quality type of Non-Remy human hair you can find but it is not the best hair extension you can find. Non-Remy hair has undergone chemical processing.
– Non-Remy hair is the left over hair that in most cases is gathered from the floors of temples. The hair cuticles are facing various directions, which causes the hair to tangle and matte quite easily. Because sellers know this, they often dip the hair in a silicone coating to try to disguise the hair.
– Non-Remy hair is collected from the floor of temples, salons and random suppliers. With this type of collection method, cuticle directions become mixed, causing inevitable shedding, tangling and matting problems.
What is the difference ?
- Remy hair is generally more expensive.
This is because the hair is shaved off from the donor’s head and bundled in such a manner that all the hair is kept in one direction. By doing so, the cuticles of the hair do not get roughed up as much and stay smooth.
- Remy hair would last longer as it has the best high quality.
As we have just mentioned before, Remy hair is very rare and getting less and less in stock. As it
- Non-Remy has poor quality than Remy hair bundles.
Non-Remy hair is the left over hair that in most cases is gathered from the floors of temples and salons then recycled to make a weft. The hair cuticles are facing various directions, which causes the hair to tangle and matte quite easily.
4. Non-Remy hair is very popular and is readily available as well.
This hair has both the roots and the tips mixed up so that all the hairs are not running in the same direction. Non-Remy hair has undergone chemical processing.
5. Difficult to get the ideally hair colour that you want, especially light colour
This is because Remy hair is too soft ,so normally will advise customers to dye dark colour hair. Dying or bleaching hair is easier to damage the hair which caused shedding and tangling.